Missions & values
🎯 General objective
The objective of GAMS Belgium is to contribute to the abandonment of female genital mutilation in Belgium and worldwide.
🎯 Specific objectives
- Preventing FGM among girls and women at risk living in Belgium by raising the awareness of those concerned and their entourage;
- Preventing imminent or planned FGM through the management of risk situations;
- Reduce the health, psychological and social impact of FGM by providing comprehensive care for girls and women who have undergone FGM and their families (individually or in groups);
- Train professionals to identify and support the people concerned and encourage consultation and intersectoral action (networking);
- Ensure advocacy and sharing of expertise on FGM and the community approach at national, European and international level;
- Supporting programmes to abandon FGM at a European and international level.
Our values are based on the principles:
- Human rights
- Equality between women and men
- Lasting development
- Reproduction and sexual rights
We are trying to put in to practice for the public but also for our employees and volunteers: