Missions & values
🎯 General objective
The objective of GAMS Belgium is to contribute to the abandonment of female genital mutilation in Belgium and worldwide.
🎯 Specific objectives
- Prevent FGM among girls and women at risk living in Belgium;
- Reduce the impact on health, both psychological and social, of FGM by giving comprehensive support to girls and women living with FGM and their entourage;
- promote the consultation and intersectoral action, ensure a plea to a national and international level;
- Support the programmes for the abandonment of the practice of FGM in Africa.
Our values are based on the principles:
- Human rights
- Equality between women and men
- Lasting development
- Reproduction and sexual rights
We are trying to put in to practice for the public but also for our employees and volunteers: