The web site integrates easily accessible and culturally appropriate information and support to professionals in order to:
- deliver victim support more effectively,
- help prevent FGM and protect women and girls living with/or at risk of FGM,
- serve as a resource and education center on FGM
UEFGM is coordinated by the Cyprus University of Technology. 11 organizations in 8 countries participate in the project.
The website is available in 9 languages and has two main sections :
- An e-learning course section with 13 thematic modules creating 7 learning streams
- Specific pages for each of the 9 countries
GAMS Belgium works on 2 Health modules in UEFGM and, in cooperation with INTACT, is also responsible for the drafting and validation of the Belgium Country page.