Job offer: Finance & Administrative Officer (CDI – 80 or 100 %)
GAMS Belgium, an NGO which has been fighting for 25 years for the abolition of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), is hiring an Administrative and Financial Manager as September 2023.
The GAMS team has significantly grown in the past years: as of today our team of 27 employees and 40 volunteers is spread over 4 sites (Brussels, Namur, Liège, Antwerp). New projects have just started in the Flandre region, at the federal level as well as internationally with an increasing need of financial and administrative monitoring in Dutch and in English. New collective labor agreements (reduction of working time for employees over 55), requests for parental leave (employees with young parents), the reception of article 60 requires HR competencies.
The Administrative and Financial Officer will also be able to rely on an experienced full-time accounting manager and a part-time HR consultant in charge of well-being and training.
- Employement contract : Open ended contract
- Equivalent: Full time or 80%
- Start date : September 2023
- Job locations : Brusselss and local GAMS sites
- Reporting: GAMS CEO
The role of Financial and Administrative Officer is a key transversal position with high impact as it focuses on the operation and development of the association, and will support the implementation of the GAMS strategy in Belgium.
You will work in collaboration with a team of more or less thirty people and will be the central point of contact for our employees, service providers, administrators, members, corporate donors and private donors.
You are organized and autonomous, you like numbers and being in contact with a variety of stakeholders, you are a feminist activist and have the ambition to change the situation of women, this position is made for you !
Finance – 60%
- Administrative and financial monitoring of fundraising : responses to donor requests, management of administrative procedures related to institutional fundraising in the different regions , monitoring of agreements, preparation and monitoring of budgets
- Accounting supervision (in conjunction with the accounting manager): monitoring of expenses and income, monthly bank reconciliations; preparation and monitoring of annual budgets, management of audits, preparation of annual accounts and closure of accounts
- Implementation and monitoring of the fundraising plan: implementation of a CRM
- Grant management : receipt and cashing of donations (cheques, transfers, cash), management of tax receipts, management of public subsidies
Administrative – 20%
- Internal Administration of the association : management support; board management, board meetings, monitoring and compliance of legal obligations, organization of team meetings.
- General office management services : office and team management (billing, salary payments, purchases, fittings), computer equipment, event logistics
- Management of internal documents : organization and archiving of documents, creation of new processes and update of administrative procedures
Human Resources – 20%
- Recruitment support : preparation of job descriptions and contracts; monitoring of employee recruitment (interviews and annual evaluations)
- Administrative management : preparation and organization of employee arrivals and exits, monitoring and execution of payroll, management and administration of absences and leaves, development and adaptation of HR tools and policies
- Management of the Finance-HR team (two direct reports)
ROADMAP & PRIORITIES IN 2023-2024:
- Strengthen the skills of regional coordinators in monitoring their budget (quarterly statement of expenditure)
- Implement the fundraising plan just carried out by Strategies & Leaders
- Implementation of the workplace safety plan
- Implementation of the psychosocial risk prevention plan
- Setting up a CRM
- Dynamic and “hands on” person
- Trilingual : French, , Dutch, English (FR, NL, ENG)
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree or professional experience
- 3 years experience in a similar position.
- A first experience within a non-profit association is an asset.
- Organizational and writing skills.
- Desired qualities: ability to work in a team, autonomy, empathy, flexibility, open-mindedness, ability to take initiative and be creative
- Interest in working in a feminist and activist environment
Our personnel policy is based on diversity and equal opportunities. We select candidates based on their qualities, regardless of age, gender, origin, beliefs, disability, nationality… Our diversity is our strength.
Salary scale: CP 332 (1/80 with seniority)
How do I apply?
Please send a CV and a cover letter with the mention ” Financial & Administrative Manager ” to email@example.com before 31 July 2023. A first selection will be made on the basis of CVs and cover letters . Selected candidates will be invited to in person interview or Teams interview as applications are submitted.
You can also contact Fabienne Richard, Director of GAMS Belgium for more information on 0473 410 691 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org