Letter for a Tender for sustainability expert
Project 101096782 – END FGM E-Campus – CERV-2022 – DAPHNE / Package 2
The project E-learning Portal for Professionals to End FGM in Europe – End FGM E-campus is coordinated by the Mediterranean Institute of Gender Studies (MIGS) and implemented in partnership with CUT (Cyprus), AIDOS (Italy), GAMS Belgium, APF (Portugal) and End FGM European Network (based in Brussels, Belgium). The End FGM E-campus is co-financed by the European Union.
The overall structure of the work plan is divided into 4 work packages (WP) to ensure successful implementation of the project. Each work package builds upon the other / interlinks with each other to ensure complementarity, consortium’s maximum participation, and flow of activities creating multiple dissemination/communication momentums for the project results/outputs.
- WP1: Management and Coordination of the project
- WP2: Design and development of the End FGM E-Campus e-learning and training portal for professionals dealing with Female genital mutilation (FGM)
- WP3: Awareness, communication, and dissemination of End FGM E-Campus portal
- WP4: Monitoring and Evaluation and Sustainability
The GAMS Belgique is leading the WP4 “Monitoring and Evaluation and Sustainability” of the project End FGM E-campus.
The overall aim of the project is the creation and development of a web-based knowledge platform on FGM which will provide high quality, comprehensive, culturally appropriate, holistic and interdisciplinary theoretical as well as practical knowledge to professionals dealing with FGM-affected individuals and communities. The portal will aim to contribute to increased quality of public services and victim/survivor- centred access to prevention, protection and support services for survivors or those at risk of FGM. The project will run for 24 months starting on the 1st of March 2023. A more detailed project summary is attached.
Within the framework of this project, GAMS Belgium is seeking an independent sustainability expert to create a sustainability plan that will be discussed from the onset of the project in collaboration with the partners.
There will be a dedicated work package (WP4) for developing a sustainability strategy for the End FGM E-Campus which will clearly set out a plan for ensuring its sustainability, both in terms of technical operability and visibility.
Additionally, the project includes two key synergies and complementarities:
- Institutional commitment (i.e. inheritance) to the End FGM E-campus;
- the End FGM E-Campus portal will be linked with the existing End FGM EU Interactive Map. These will not only contribute to the sustainability of the project, but also utilize the wide geographic reach of End FGM EU’s membership to ensure professionals from countries across the whole of the EU may access and benefit from the resources and knowledge END FGM E-CAMPUS shall contain.
The sustainability plan will envisage with the involvement of the End FGM EU partners the development and rollout of existing and/or additional e-learning modules, technical upgrade of the portal, for example new EU languages, new modules and new features to be included after the completion of the project with the cooperation of member associations.
Institutional endorsement is a key feature of both the dissemination and communication (WP3) and sustainability plan (WP4) to secure buy-in from institutional stakeholders and donors at EU and international level. The project will build and strengthen support from institutions that have supported the previous phases of the project (UEFGM Platform).
The End FGM E-Campus portal will be designed – in consultation with IT professionals in learning management systems – on the basis of self-sustainability, so that its maintenance and hosting will continue at minimum costs until further funding is secured for future expansion (including accreditation actions). The portal will be able to generate data about the users that can be evaluated after the project ends to ensure regular and systematic observation, monitoring and evaluation, and evaluation, as well as informed follow-up based on users’ and learners’ valuable feedback.
Output needed by the professional
- A sustainability plan that will be discussed from the onset of the project in collaboration with the partners to safeguard the viability of the portal after the project ends in terms of funding, long-term technical and content upscaling/updating/maintenance of the e-learning portal (M1-24).
- Sustainability elements will include identifying risks and pitfalls, identification of resources beyond project end, determining financing strategies, securing further EU-wide institutional support (identifying potential partners/allies/endorsers/investors) – with input by all partners. The external evaluation and quality assurance as well as E-learning Impact evaluation are essential components to inform the sustainability plan (they will be carried out by the external evaluator and the WP leader). (~15 pages)
- University degree in social sciences, humanitarian, anthropology, public health or another relevant field;
- Relevant experience in writing sustainability plan for e-learning project;
- Demonstrated proficiency in English and excellent writing and speaking skills;
- Knowledge of gender issues, including gender-based violence;
- Knowledge of female genital mutilation is an asset;
- Knowledge of fundraising strategy development is an asset;
- Knowledge of French, Italian, Portuguese and/or Greek is an asset;
- Experience working with NGOs is an asset;
- Ability to travel for coordination meetings. The sustainability expert will attend two project coordination meetings (2 x 2 days) – one in Lisbon and one in Brussels in 2024, dates to be agreed with the project leaders.
If you are interested in undertaking the role of sustainability expert, please contact Aminata Sidibe (Project Manager – CERV project, GAMS Belgique) at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents:
- A technical proposal with previous experience in writing sustainability plan, including e-learning platform sustainability plan;
- A financial offer in Euro for the service including VAT / any other taxation. The offer should include all costs related to the service (the offer should also take into account the travel for the coordination meetings).
The mail will have to mention in the subject: E-Campus – Package 2: sustainability expert [Name Surname] or [Company Name].
Please let us know along with all the requested documents no later than 15th of August 2023.
Total rate should not exceed 11.000 euros (including VAT). If you require any further information or would like to discuss the role further by telephone, please do not hesitate to contact us at +32492372340.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or CERV-2022-DAPHNE. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.