Online conference – Migrant women & GBV: sharing & sustaining the ACCESS project results at EU level
On 2 December 2020, ACCESS project partners GAMS Belgium, FORWARD UK and Médicos del Mundo are organising an online conference for professionals and institutions active in the fight against gender-based violence (GBV) against migrant women in Europe.
The webinar will disseminate the findings and results of the implementation of the ACCESS project in Europe, with as expected results:
- Improved knowledge of issues faced by this specific audience
- Change and harmonisation in attitudes, approach, and tools
- Reinforcement of European policies
- Wednesday 2 December 2020
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Presentation of the ACCESS project
- Launch of the standards of care of community support services with invitation to the services to endorse them
- Sharing lessons learned and sustaining the gains: a conversation with peer educators
- EU stakeholders panel: MEP Saskia Bricmont, MEP Eugenia Rodríguez Palop (TBC), Elif Sariaydin (GREVIO), Ghiara Cosentino (End FGM EU Network)
Moderated by Meron Knikman, President of the Belgian Vrouwenraad (Women’s Council).
- The conference will take place online (Zoom) and be livestreamed on twitter
- Registration form: https://forms.gle/u2bY6FmZgLGBjsbG9
- Registrated participants will receive the Zoom link in time
- The conference will be held in English
The ACCESS project supported by the REC Programme of the European Union aims to improve prevention, protection and support for migrant women in Europe who are confronted with different types of GBV. It is coordinated by GAMS Belgium, in partnership with FORWARD UK and Médicos del Mundo Spain.