CoP-FGM Webinar: Preventing and Responding to FGM in Humanitarian Settings
On November 12 2020 GAMS Belgium, AIDOS and End FGM EU organize in the context of the Community of Practice on Female Genital Mutilation (CoP-FGM) a webinar to draw attention to the prevention of FGM and support for those affected in a humanitarian context.
Through this webinar, the FGM-CoP (https://copfgm.org/) aims to present to donors and governments the conclusions and recommendations of a series of online dialogues involving different stakeholders in the management of FGM in emergency and humanitarian contexts.
The presentations will be based on expert discussions in working groups focusing on prevention and support services for women and girls affected by FGM.
- Thursday 12 November 2020
- 15:00 – 17:00 (European Time)
- Guest speaker: Dr. Nahid Toubia, women’s rights activist and researcher on FGM
- Moderated by Mariya Karimjee, journalist and survivor
- Organized by GAMS Belgium, AIDOS and End FGM EU in the framework of the Community of Practice on FGM (CoP-FGM) (https://copfgm.org/)
The event will be bilingual French – English.
This webinar is made possible through the support of the The UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Programme to Eliminate Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)